15 Foods You Should Never Give To Your Dog

bigstock-Dog-Eating-Chocolates-From-Hea-8187245

It is perfectly normal for a dog lover such as yourself to simply not be able to resist those begging puppy eyes that are constantly looking at you while you eat, and normally, every now and then, we all end up slipping our pooches a scrap of food or two under the table.

However, did you ever stop to think if any of those foods we enjoy are possibly harmful to your buddy?

It is definitely a scary thought, but many of the items you could be feeding your dog could result in him getting extremely sick, and some can even be fatal. So, before you slip your pooch another ‘forbidden fruit’ type of treat, keep in mind these 15 items you should never give to your dog.

1. Chocolate

Sweet treat is probably the most loved treat in the history of us humans and time as such, but your dog’s body wouldn’t really love having any of it inside.

The chemical in chocolate called Theobromine is a natural stimulant found in the cocoa bean and is pretty toxic to your little ball of fur.

The substance becomes toxic when it’s ingested in 100 to 150 kilograms of body weight, thus smaller dogs are at much higher risk of suffering from intoxication.

White chocolate is less risky than dark chocolate, however, even those lighter types of chocolate which are less rich in fat, can still cause serious issues.

Signs of chocolate poisoning include: panting, excessive thirst, diarrhea, vomiting, tremors, seizures, and hyperactivity. If you notice any of these in your pooch, it’s necessary to get him to the vet immediately.

Others are reading

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of