This chicken, rice and veggie dog food treat is done in 50 minutes and it yields 12 servings.
If you have a smaller dog, the recipe can be cut in half. In combination with a kibble, this home-cooked meal can last up to 5 days for 2 large dogs.
- 3 pounds chicken meat (minced)
- 2 1/2 cups frozen vegetable blend (minced)
Note: make sure your vegetable mix doesn’t contain garlic or onions!
- 4 cups rice
- 6 1/2 cups water
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large saucepan, pit chicken meat, vegetables, and rice. (You can also use Dutch oven).
- Stir in water until the mix is smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 25 minutes (or until the rice is tender and all of the liquid has been absorbed).
- Serve cold.
Note: The leftovers should be stored covered in the refrigerator.