This recipe is amazing as it is quick, easy to prepare, and it has high nutritional value, which is rather important for every responsible dog owner out there.
The synergy of beef, peas, rice, and kidney beans will work to satisfy even the hungriest pooches!
The prep time is only 10 minutes, and the rest is easy crockpot cooking. These ingredients yield 10 to 12 cups and can be easily frozen for future feedings.
Alright, let’s get crackin’!
Also read: Dog Chow: Choose Wisely To Meet Your Pooch’s Nutritional Needs!
- 2 and a half pounds ground beef
- 1 and a half cups uncooked white or brown rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 and a half cups chopped butternut squash
- 1 and a half cups chopped carrots
- Half a cup frozen peas
- 4 cups of water
- Stir in all ingredients with 4 cups of water in a crockpot. NOTE: You can cook the rice separately and serve it on the side, like we did.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low heat for up to 6 hours, stirring regularly. NOTE: If you are in a hurry, you can also opt for the high heat option and cook for up to 3 hours.
- Once it is done, let it cool to room temperature.
- Serve and enjoy!
Related: Why You Should Start Preparing Homemade Dog Food For Your Pooch!