This fish meatballs recipe is delicious yet extremely healthy for all canines, no matter the size or breed.
It can be made in larger batches for efficiency sake.
Let’s get busy!
- 2 pounds frozen fish fillets (Mackerel and Whiting is a great choice)
- 1-2 cans wild pink salmon
- 1/2 pound beef liver
- 1-3 eggs (optional)
- 2 cups of chopped vegetables (carrots, cabbage, broccoli, squash, green beans, yams, kale, spinach)
- 1/2 cup of pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp tumeric powder
- Grind the following ingredients while they are still frozen: liver, fish, vegetables, and seeds. While you grind these into a big bowl, add and mix in the canned salmon, eggs, honey, and dried herbs.
- Put the mix in a well-sealed container and keep it in your fridge for an hour.
- Scoop out appropriate amounts and make 1-cup-size meatballs.
- When you want to serve them to your dog, take out the meatballs and defrost them a couple of days before. Meatballs will last at least 3 months in the freezer.
- For a 50-100 pound dog – up to 5 meatballs per day.
- For a 20-40 pound dog – up to 3 meatballs per day.
- For a 1-10 pound dog – 1 meatball per day.