If you happen to sneeze, cough or experience itchy eyes when around your pooch you are definitely not alone.
However, there’s no need to place your pooch up for adoption as there are some small and easy hack on how to reduce allergens.
According to Daily Puppy, bathing your pooch once in a fortnight can significantly reduce the allergens. Here are some of the most important steps you will need to follow in order for this technique to be successful.
- Before bathing your pooch, comb out his coat to remove any matted or knotted fur
- Carefully follow the directions on the shampoo bottle for the best results
- Leave the shampoo on the dog’s coat for a certain amount of time for better penetration
- Gently shampoo your pooch to help relax
- Use a hose or detachable shower head for the most effective soap removal
Bear in mind though, bathing your canine friend more than once every two weeks can actually be counter-productive. Frequent bathing can lead to stripping of natural oils from your dog’s his skin which will later cause dryness and flaking.